Rising Minds’ mission is to bridge cultural, economic, and developmental gaps through the integration of education, awareness, and action. RMI aims to inspire locally committed and globally active leaders through personalizing complex global issues, empowering proactive change-makers, and facilitating contextualized educational outreach in Guatemala.
The Neriah Community Health Foundation 501 (c)3 Organization serves the needs of local Haitian villages through Christian-centered medical care.
NSIG helped local companies “pivot” in their monthly strategic goals through a combination of guest speakers, group member presentations, and round table dialogue. As a co-founder and facilitator, I introduced strategy constructs into weekly business activities to help companies effectuate their strategy.
Guest Lecturer on the subject of U.S.A. Business Associations [corporations & LLCs], for the “International Business Law Workshop in Partnership with the Shanghai Bar Association” at the B.U. Law School Executive LL.M in International Business Law Program.
As the Chairman of the Board of Directors and CEO for five years, I reopened the closed facility [due to substantial flooding damage], helped restructure same, and created a strategy and trust fund for long term financial stability and then executed on same by preserving, protecting and promoting the maritime collection of the museum. The museum celebrates the birthplace of the Revenue Marine Service in the late 1700s, the precursor to the U.S. Coast Guard. It was the only armed maritime service of the USA at that time.
Guest Lecturer for Workshop on the subject of U.S.A. corporations and limited liability companies for UCLEF [2015 – 2018] as well as a Colloquium on Strategic Contracting  for international attorneys and law students.
Director and guest lecturer regarding military contracts education and resources.
The law firm of Mark J. Guay, P.C. has a long history of pro bono activity, both locally and internationally. Since 1990, the law firm has been engaged with the following organizations or other volunteer activities:
• Founder of the Seacoast Energy and Environmental Design Coalition (“SEED”) membership organization to promote all types of local activities.
• Chairman & CEO (volunteer) of the Custom House Maritime Museum to preserve, protect and protect our maritime history and the U.S. Coast Guard which originated in Newburyport, MA.
• Founder of the International Business Coalition (“IBC”) to promote local international businesses.
• Member of the Board of Directors of the Newburyport Chamber of Commerce.
• Former outside legal counsel (volunteer) for Small Solutions, Inc., a/k/a Small Solutions Big Ideas, a MA non-profit organization since 2010 committed to empowering Kenyan youth through technology and schools in Bungoma, Kenya region.
• Lecturer (2017) on Business Associations to a delegation of visiting Chinese law students as part of the Boston University Law School Workshop on American Law for the U.S. – China Legal Exchange Foundation (UCLEF).
• Lecturer (2018) on Business Associations for international attorneys as part of the Boston University Law School Workshop for the shanghai Bar Association.
• Outside legal counsel (volunteer) for Neriah Community Health Foundation, a MA non-profit corporation since 2010 that has health facilities in Haiti to address community-identified needs in medical care, and health and welfare education programs.
• Outside legal counsel (volunteer) for Rising Minds, Inc., a MA non-profit organization since 2006 that works to empower globally active leaders in the integration of education, awareness, and action through various local operations in Lake Atitlan, Guatemala, where many pockets of indigenous communities exist.